Thursday, January 12, 2012

This First Blanket of Snow Signals Spring, Not Winter

IMGP3217


Today may feel like the first day of winter. The songbirds left earlier today after so many days filled with sun and warmth here in Chicago. It was so warm this morning, I couldn't believe the forecast for a big puffy coat of snow.

It doesn't matter. Spring arrives on March 20th.


IMGP3221

IMGP3235

The first seed catalog is here and I find myself lovingly touching the pictures. Thinking of what I’m going to choose for the garden at home, and what I want for the shared plots as well. Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds' catalog makes me want to become a nightshade farmer. I just want lots of space, or a ton more Earthboxes filled with varieties of tomato, eggplant, and peppers.

IMGP3240

Continue reading over at the Local Beet....


No comments:

Post a Comment