Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy New Year!


Resolved.



Today Marks the Year of the Dragon. A perfect time to gird up the loins of your resolutions made on January 1st. An opportunity to take the Mulligan, reboot, wipe the slate clean.


I've never made New Year Resolutions before. I don't know why, I did this year but there was a sense I had as I sat in my bed that I should. I tapped them out on my Christmas gift from my sister-- I'm afraid we drank that apple flavored Kool-Aid.

I added them to the Reminders feature. They've not been easy, but I like them.

I think it's seeing an accomplishment that I can check off that helps.

One of my resolutions was to make three meals/ week at home. I like to cook and I adore food but I just seem to be tired and hungry all too frequently and I eat out.

I've been successful, but only because I've counted blended salads and sandwiches as meals.

I'm not the biggest lover of sandwiches but sometimes I go on a tear and now, because I have a grocery loaf at home + I can't get the lovely visual of the Swedes eating their cute open-faced sandwiches, smorgas, out of my mind after seeing the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. But I'm not a fan of rye and always find it difficult to eat an open-faced sandwich with my hands.

Still, this was perfect. The bread was buttered then placed under the broiler with American cheese-- I can be nostalgic, a bit of deli mustard, homemade mustard, Tofurkey, and yep a just opened jar of my own canned, Not-too-sweet British Bread & Butter pickles.

What are your resolutions for 2012?


No comments:

Post a Comment