Tuesday, December 27, 2011

How Soon 'Til Spring



Many folks are lamenting the passing of Christmas without snow on the ground, I must be honest, I'm not one of them. This brief respite has created loads of good tidings in my household. We tend to disagree on the weather, what with them being from across the pond and me hailing from well below the Mason-Dixon line. What's driven our mutual agreement about the weather is that each day, leading up to the Winter Solstice, has been darn right balmy. It is sunny and my husband is worried about the songbirds who didn't get the memo to fly to warmer and brighter climes.

Then today's New York Times answers the question about the durability of the seed. That piece conjured this memory of the fading days of summer spent over Labor Day back up on Lake Superior:


Lovely Day w/ Coasters rising.Brown trout brought to hand.Fresh bear scat spotted.Who will forage the wild berries 1st, me or the bear?

What remains is to start choosing the seeds now to sow.


No comments:

Post a Comment