Monday, August 8, 2011

Just Say No to Eating Animals Monday: Volume 30: Fast, Healthy, and It Tastes Good





Did I tell you I’m kind of a new lover of tofu?  I know, kind of odd for someone who doesn’t eat animals but it’s the truth.

So I’m on a bit of a kick and you will see future recipes of things that taste fantastic and are good for you.  I know I love food and I just see no reason for fantastic food and food that’s good for you not to have a long and fruitful union.


Tofu and Vegetable Toss adapted from Dr. Joel Fuhrman:

Ingredients
3 garlic scapes, diced
½ c red bell pepper, diced
14-16 oz block of firm tofu, rinsed, blotted, and crumbled
15-25 cherry-sized tomatoes, quartered
10 oz  baby spinach
1 T. nutritional yeast
1 t. Bragg Liquid Aminos

In a large non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat, sauté garlic scapes, red pepper, tomatoes.  You may need to add about a ¼ c. of water, but wait until you get a bit of browning on the vegetables before adding it.  Then add everything else to the skillet and heat through, about five minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment