Monday, July 25, 2011

Just Say No to Eating Animals Monday: Volume 28 It's Hot & You are Hungry= Making Salad a Meal









We've had our heat wave. It was so hot that at first I mistakenly thought my tomato plants were simply hot and thirsty.



"
"

What you want is something quick and easy during these dog days of summer.

This one is very easy and permits you to take two staples ( I think it's a great idea to make these, the yogurt, the broccoli,and the bread on Sunday for the work week) the oven roasted tomatoes* and the roasted portabello mushrooms for a tasty meal Yes. I will show you how to use the other staples in meals.



Quick Salad for the Hot and Hungry

Ingredients

1 to 2 mushrooms per person
3 to 4 oven roasted tomatoes per person
2 handfuls of salad greens (your choice, lettuce, spinach, kale, chard, etc)
Add, as you have at hand, other vegetables, I like fresh corn, dried cranberries, and olives but anything works here.
Salad dressing


Toss all ingredients, except the mushrooms. Divide salad onto plates and top with mushrooms
Enjoy!

*Tomatoes in picture were not roasted by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment