Monday, February 7, 2011

Just Say No to Eating Animals Monday: Volume 14 Snowpocalypse Be Damned, a Taste of Summer



Last week it fell apart.  I’d just returned from my brief sojourn to the land of the sun.  It should have held me through the rest of winter, but no we had to have Snowpocalypse.  20+ inches of snow.  The sidewalks are still out of commission.

So I couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate a snowcation than casting about for a true breath of summer meal.

We had salad.  Not just any old salad, a salad that says the kiss of summer is near. 


Watermelon and Feta Salad adapted from Mark Bittman

3lbs      Sweet Watermelon, chopped
1 c.      Sunflower Sprouts, minced
½ c.     Feta (I used the marinated kind)

Vinaigrette
¼ c.     Champagne Vinegar
1T.       Dijon Mustard
2 t.       Sugar
3 T.      Vegetable Oil (I used grapeseed)

Combine watermelon, sunflower sprouts, and feta in a bowl.

In a jar add Champagne Vinegar, mustard, sugar, & oil.  Shake vigorously to blend.

Pour Vinaigrette over salad, toss and serve.


How’s that for getting in more fruits and vegetables?

No comments:

Post a Comment