Thursday, July 22, 2010

Under Construction

Earlier this week I was in a hurry to eat.  I was hungry.  I finished this lovely melon in a matter of moments.  It was sweet, vibrant, and a bit musky.  I could eat this every day.





Then I had the old “V8” (the drink, not the engine) moment.  What if I did that cool thing that folks talk about and saved the seeds?





It wasn’t difficult.  You place the seeds in a mesh strainer to separate the fruit from the row of seeds. Rinse. Then you lay them out to dry.  I dried them on a glass plate lined with a paper towel. 




Once they finish drying, I will place them in an envelope and wait until the New Year to plant them. 



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! What kind of melon is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good question, I don't know. I thought it was a Casaba melon after looking up images but the other day a friend asked me if it is a Dr. Sebaugh melon? ;D

    ReplyDelete